Maximum volume

MeterMeter

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Build your own HD antenna




Few months ago Time Wagner cable company had raised the price on my cable bill from $30 to $60 a month and I tried to reasonable with them but no luck the price stay and there is nothing I can do so I cancel my service. Time like this $60 a month is a lot of money for my family. But I need the basic TV channels for the family. Searching on the internet I found out there are quite number of people making their own I antenna. I stumble across the hanger antenna on metacafe.
Follow the instruction I build my hanger antenna, I am so amazing with the hanger antenna I got 46 digital channels and most of the channels are super clear. But I am not happy with the look of the antenna so I started to create a better version of the hanger antenna. I found some copper tape at my work cut about six 12'' x 1' , spent only one hour on saturday morning I made my HD antenna with this antenna I got 60 digital channels with super picure quality. I am so happy I can watch digital channels for free.
Here are some pictures of the HD antenna. Any question please feel free to email me at : allpixles63@yahoo.com.


Coat hanger antenna with this I got 46 digital channels
hanger 2

hanger 1


Copper tape antenna on card board with this I got 60 digital channels
Copper 1

copper 2


And here are the two antenna
hanger and copper

hanger and copper 2

Update After moved down to Westminster re-scan my TV I got up to 103 channels wow!
As promise I have the complete drawing of HD antenna here for anyone want to DIY enjoy. Thanks for stop by my blog.

Chinh Le.

0 comments: